Cloud Engineering is responsible for the architecture, development and implementation of the infrastructure used by our applications. We build the full stack: servers (on prem and in AWS), operating system, middleware, application delivery units and work directly with our Development teams to deploy deeply integrated products. Our goal is providing a platform and services layer for consistent development, while ensuring operational flexibility.
The Cloud Systems Engineer role assumes responsibility for all network, compute and storage infrastructure across a global network of data centers. This is a great career opportunity for a highly motivated individual who wants to utilize and extend his or her broad set of skills.
- Manage our AWS infrastructure (EC2, EBS, S3, Route53, Redshift, IAM, VPC’s, API Gateway)
- Provide day-to-day operational support of all infrastructure systems
- Assist in the implementation of infrastructure design as we expand and improve our hybrid public cloud topology
- Support complex network environments including problem analysis; network troubleshooting, and network maintenance.
- Diagnose and resolve outages and following up on root cause analysis
- Work with other teams to deploy new services and solutions
- Maintain documentation related to infrastructure design and implementation
- Responsible for system provisioning, configuration and deployment
- Perform routine audits for security, capacity planning, DR, compliance, etc
- Plan, architect, and implement multi-site disaster recovery
- Work closely with the Security team to deploy and audit production infrastructure
- Identify and implement high availability architectures to remove single points of failure
- Prioritize deliverables and establish short term, mid-term and long-term plans
- Experience in multi-site, heterogeneous, large-scale enterprise infrastructure
- Comfort in supporting in a global 24/7 environment
- Excellent working knowledge of TCP/IP and network topology design, implementation and troubleshooting
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex problems; excellent inter-personal verbal and written communication skills
- Experience documentation of systems, policies and procedure
- Willing to take part in on-call rotation
- Solid experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux (RedHat|Fedora|CentOS|Ubuntu)
- Experience with cloud hosting, specifically Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, ELB, CloudFront, Cloudformation, Terraform, etc.)
- Experience with application delivery platforms for load balancing (e.g NGINX), caching, compression, application firewalling, reverse proxy, SSL termination, etc
Nice to haves
- Experience with configuration management in a cross-platform environment; using Chef, Puppet or Ansible to manage and deploy applications to both Windows and Linux devices
- Strong scripting or development skills; bash, ruby, powershell, github etc
- Experience with Logging stacks like ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstache, Kibana)
- Network and/or security certifications
Vision Critical provides customer relationship intelligence software that improves customer relationships to grow customer lifetime value. Designed for today’s always-on, social and mobile savvy customer, Vision Critical’s technology helps large, customer-centric enterprises discover what their customers want so they can deliver what they need. Unlike traditional customer research, which is slow, expensive and gathers dust on a shelf, Vision Critical’s customer intelligence platform replaces static data and cumbersome reports with real-time actionable customer intelligence that companies need to build better products, deliver better services and achieve better business outcomes. Hundreds of high-performance organizations use Vision Critical’s technology. Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/visioncritical.
Ready to join our team?
If you are interested in helping Vision Critical deliver on its commitments and taking your career to the next level, we invite you to apply online now.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Vision Critical.
Vision Critical is an equal opportunity employer.