Business Development Manager - (Media & Entertainment), London
Date of Posting: 1 February 2018
Closing Date: 2 March 2018
What’s the job?
As a regional territory owner, your mission is to find, qualify and convert prospects from the Media and Entertainment industry, as well as handle incoming questions and interest on our various solutions. As such, firsthand experience in a Media environment is advantageous. We are looking for a driver, with initiative and a self-starting attitude, an entrepreneurial salesperson who is not afraid of cold calling or presenting to the CMO of a Fortune 500 company and effectively communicating our story. Above all, we’re looking for someone who loves to play in a competitive work environment, who loves to win and to celebrate the wins of those around them!
- Finding/chasing/pitching to $100M+ revenue companies – you know how to find a needle in a haystack
- Active list and pipeline building and nurturing
- Solution demonstrations as required with confidence
- Articulate the benefits of an industry leading technology platform that speaks to specific CPG industry challenges
- Advance research of prospects online to identify key triggers – you are like a boy scout or girl guide – always prepared
- Writing, crafting and honing of engaging and attention-grabbing emails, proposals, letters and voice messages – you are envied by others for your polished, attention grabbing prose
- Punctual follow-up calls, emails and mail correspondence – you are like a dog with a bone
- Booking web demos and kicking off the demo with a recap of current understanding – you have them sitting on the edge of their seats from the start
- Handling incoming interest from various sources including web site, marketing campaigns, and fellow members of the team
What will they earn?
- Significant experience in a hunting role (inside sales), preferably in a B2B software environment
- Significant experience in a closing role (outside sales), preferably in a B2B software environment
- Significant experience working for a Media or Entertainment company (Ideally with exp. In both retail and B2B sectors)
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets – juggling multiple deals at once (deal sizes 50 – 100K GBP)
- Sound knowledge of salesfore.com, SalesLoft & Sales Navigator sales tools
- Conceptual seller, you can sell ideas and concepts and can communicate a compelling vision
- Solid communications skills, both written and verbal
- Can demonstrate they have attended some form of formal negotiation training
- Internet savvy and fluent in MS-Office, and WebEx experience a bonus
- Background in software, technology or market research and post-secondary education are assets
- Customer service excellence attitude dealing with post sales interactions, and account set up – Portfolio and/or account management
- Experience in selling SaaS based technology platforms, specializing in customer engagement.
- Tenacious, you don’t take no for an answer
- Direct and fearless, you tell it like it is and can make your point without being abrasive
- Intuitive, you uncover both business and personal pain quickly in a conversation
- Driven, you are keen on being a success in whatever you do
- Egoless, you focus on and do a great job of any given task without complaint
- Self-Starter, you can see around corners and can make things happen on your own
- Collaborative, you naturally share and never lose sight that you are part of a team
If you are interested in catapulting your career to the next level we invite you to submit your application online. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in Vision Critical and encourage you to constantly check our website for a list of all current opportunities
Ready to join our team?
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and in taking your career to the next level we invite you to apply online now.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in Vision Critical and encourage you to constantly check our website for a list of all current opportunities.