SENIOR CUSTOMER DIRECTOR UK (12 month contract)
Date of Posting: 7 November 2017
Closing Date: 4 Decemeber 2017
Start Date: 8 January 2018 – 12 month contract
The Senior Director, Customer Success leads and manages the UK Customer team, which is responsible for managing and executing a range of Insight Community products and services via the Vision Critical proprietary Sparq software.
As a Senior Director Customer Success, you have a strong background in SaaS service delivery and support.
You will have responsibility for customer management, helping guide the strategic thinking for customers, mentoring senior members of the CS team, assisting in business development, and overseeing financial management of the delivery model.
You will be expected to have enough knowledge of SaaS service models to help inspire the right structure and direction of the UK SaaS Service teams. In addition, you will be expected to understand the Vision Critical products (Sparq) and business application of these products, and be comfortable speaking about them in presentations and proposals.
Customer & Partner Management Expectations
Grow and deepen relationships with our current Vision Critical UK customers and research partners, increasing revenue and customer satisfaction, whilst focussing on retention and reducing churn.
- Work with CS Directors in UK to resolve customer issues
- Develop retention strategies and best practices to prevent churn
- Provide customer & partners with strategic thinking specific to how an Insight Community can help their business and impact organisational KPIs
- Act as escalation for any customer or partner concerns and provide resolution, including technical issues, service concerns or financial negotiations.
- Obtain consistent repeat business from customers and partners
- Ensure customers and partners have adequate training and support to ensure they get maximum value from their Insight Community and the Vision Critical Sparq product.
- Conduct customer presentations and workshops as needed
- Ensure partners are kept abreast of best practices in Community Management, new products and new platform features within Sparq.
Team Management Expectations
Build and mentor a team that can provide support all Vision Critical offerings.
- Provide thought leadership to team, particularly in innovations in community engagement, ROI, community insights/use cases etc.
- Communicate company and management updates accordingly – including value proposition and new Sparq features.
- Manage team capacity in conjunction with financial benchmarks.
- Manage HR tasks and processes (hiring requests, interviewing, performance reviews).
- Line management and mentoring of 2X CS Directors and 1 Associate Director.
Business Development Expectations
Develop current as well as potential customer accounts in order to meet key growth metrics for accounts.
- Building relationships with key stakeholders across your customer portfolio (i.e., understand who key players in organization are and what “make them tick”)
- Work with sales to map key stakeholders and decision makers across your customer portfolio.
- Farm existing accounts with eye to growth and expansion. Look for opportunities to bring in new business (from current/new customers) - Net Rev target determined during goal setting
- Collaborate with sales leadership on new BD opportunities
- Coach CS Directors and CSMs on writing proposals for current IC customers and work with sales on proposals for new opportunities
- Final sign off and approval on proposals.
- Attend sales presentations as required.
Strategic Development Responsibilities
Understand your customers’ business and determine how VC’s products and services fit into their vision and strategy with respect to their business challenges and needs
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of your portfolio of customers, their business and VC opportunities relative to these customers.
- Infuse strategic thinking amongst your team to ensure VC is presenting customers with solutions that address their business needs, not just tactical solutions.
- Work with senior service team members to continue the evolution of the VC services offer, bringing new ideas to the table for new “packaged services” that could be delivered through the Customer Success team – e.g.Professional services.
- Continually “productize” service delivery, by packaging services, and creating templates that can be leveraged across the customer facing delivery teams.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of VC software Sparq: proficient in all basic and advanced functions and all associated modules.
Financial Management Expectations
Manage the financials of your customers/accounts to ensure that they meet key financial metrics and goals for the Customer Success group.
- Manage a monthly P&L with gross margin and EBITA targets.
- Meet gross margin targets
- Ensure team meets targeted profitability on projects/accounts
- Review hours, directs, purchased/sold labor, etc.
- Continually identify new opportunities to streamline service delivery and improve efficiency
Service Delivery Responsibilities
Comprehensive knowledge of community management and all future service offers.
- Ensure the UK team is providing all key deliverables of the community management program to customers.
- Ensure the team is managing customer expectations, relative to the CM offer and that delivery does not push “out of scope”.
- Liaise with approved research partners (e.g. Sparkler) to provide delivery of any research specific needs for direct customers.
- Demonstrate understanding of IC use cases and key strategies for driving adoption of the IC within the customer organization.
- Demonstrate understanding of technical aspects of set-up of the Sparq platform including creative, skinning, PQ, sample management, incentives, timeline, etc.
- Facilitate IC planning sessions with customers, focused in helping create an IC plan for the customers or partners.
- Secure training support for customers on the technical aspects of the software where necessary
- Completed a post-secondary diploma or degree
- Significant number of years working within SaaS business
- Signifcant experience working with Sparq platform
- Experience conducting customer presentations and workshops
- Strong aptitude for technology
- Excellent command of the English language, written and verbal
- Excellent time management, organisational, problem solving, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (PPT, Word, Excel) including skills for the formatting and creative visual display of information
- Market Research Industry experience, specifically online, or demonstrated knowledge (have taken related courses)
- Experience managing a team of 4 or more individuals
- Benefit of working across other global offices and adding to our learning and processes- working more effectively and efficiently
- Understanding of how our clients use insight communities and the benefits they bring
- Experience managing a monthly P&L with gross margin and EBITA targets
- Extensive community management experience
- Previous experience of managing online research communities and being responsible for community engagement and their health, by creating a programme of activities and monitoring defined KPIs.
- Experience building relationships with key stakeholders across customer portfolio
- Experince developing retention strategies and best practices to prevent churn
What will they earn?
Ready to join our team?
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and in taking your career to the next level we invite you to apply online now through the Vision Critical website
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in Vision Critical and encourage you to constantly check our website for a list of all current opportunities.