As a member of our amazing Sales team, the Presales Consultant will be the primary technical resource for all business development activities. You will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage during the sales process. You will conduct product demos to wow potential clients with the capabilities of our software. You will help articulate our technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
As a Presales Consultant, your role is to act as a trusted advisor to our Sales team and make them more efficient. You will be part of a team that is the go-to for all product questions. We have a good-sized, experienced and active sales-force so the ability to keep track of multiple balls in the air is a “must-have” for this role.
- Collaborates with Sales Teams to identify and uncover prospect and customer business goals, needs and pains
- Maps the prospect’s business and technical needs to Vision Critical’s solutions and integrates the technical narrative into the larger VC story being delivered to the client
- Provides pre-sales technical expertise through technical and product demonstrations, presentations and on-going technical consultation, again reinforcing the VC story
- Qualifies the prospect’s technical team to understand who can help the sale, who can hinder the sale and who can provide relevant background information
- Identifies opportunities for data and business system integration to enhance platform stickiness
- Builds working knowledge of competing products (both direct and adjacent) and how to technically sell against them
- Work collaboratively with Product Management and Product Marketing during the development, launch and continuing refinement of existing and new VC products and solutions
- Provide high level data security and compliance consultation and presentations to customer technical stakeholders
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- 3-5+ years of experience in a similar role in a software company
- Ability to meet tight deadlines – do what it takes to get’er done
- Strong presentation skills – you can hold the attention of any room – whether you are in front of them or via web meeting!
- Know and appreciate the importance of presenting the benefits of a product.. . not just features
- You wrote the book on attention to detail
- Creative, analytical thinker that does not assume status quo
- Driven, you are keen on being a success in whatever you do
- Egoless, you focus on and do a great job of any given task without complaint
- Self-Starter, you can see around corners and can make things happen on your own
- Collaborative, you naturally share and never lose sight that you are part of a team
- You could have been in direct sales but you prefer to spend your time learning your products more than prospecting.
- Fluency in other languages is a definite asset
You want to help change the way the world views customers.
From professional sports teams to Fortune 100 companies, we work with some of the biggest brands in the world – and so will you. We are a successful global software company with a start-up mentality. Our leadership team is always available, teams work side-by-side and fresh perspectives are not only encouraged, they are celebrated.
Vision Critical was born from the idea there had to be a better way for companies to connect with the people who matter most to them: their customers. The belief that people matter is the core of our culture.
We believe that people have wisdom that’s worth listening to, learning from and acting on. Be one of those people at Vision Critical. Join us!
Ready to join our team?
If you are interested in helping Vision Critical deliver on its commitments and taking your career to the next level, we invite you to apply online now.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Vision Critical.
Vision Critical is an equal opportunity employer.